<strong>Day 1: </strong>
<strong>Tangier to Chefchaouen</strong>
- Today you will be picked up from your accommodations in Tangier by your driver and drive to chefchaouen. The drive takes around 2 hours through the rif mountains; up on arrival to Chefchaouen you will explore the the blue town by visiting the Uta el-Hammam square (the heart of the city and the ideal place to eat), the Great Mosque (with a curious octagonal tower) and the Kasbah (containing a garden, a museum and an art Gallery).
Leaving the medina, the most famous point is the Ras El-Maa waterfall, where the sound of the water and the green hills provide a great dose of fresh air. If you keep walking, you will get a beautiful view of the city.
<strong>Chefchaouen to Fes via Meknes</strong><strong> </strong>
- At around 8.30 am pick up from hotel /Riad. We will drive to visit Volubilis, attractive preserved Roman ruins in North Africa to learn more about the historical and cultural Roman city that looks at the ruins of the Arch of Caracalla, Basilica, and Capitoline Temple, before you drive to Meknes imperial city and the holiest Islamic town Moulay- Idriss built by Moulay-Idriss- I, open just for Muslims, but it gives to visitors an excellent impression just by taking a look at the hallway of the town. It’s a panoramic view. We’ll see together elongated square above us, green-tiled pyramids of the Zaouia also we’ll stroll between the labyrinth of clean alleyways.from Meknes you will drive to Fes via the highway around 1 hour drive.
- Guided tour of the medina in Fez is a great way to get an inner look into the culture and history of the city. Your guide will take you through the medina of Fez, one of the world’s largest walled cities.Begin your guided tour of the medina upon meeting your guide at your hotel/accommodation. .Explore the narrow streets lined with fresh fruit, mounds of spices, intricately woven Berber carpets and many other classic art of objects of Morocco. See the Mosques including the Quaraouiyine Mosque, founded in 859 by Fatima el Fihri, and the Andalusian Mosque dating back to 860. Entry is not permitted to non-Muslims. See the fountains including the Nejjarine Fountain, the Medersa (Koranic schools) founded as early as the 13th century. The Batha Palace is now a museum of arts and Moroccan traditions and the Chouwara tanneries, the Souks including Souk Attarine, one of the liveliest in the city. After, see Bab Boujloud with its green and blue ceramics. After the tour you will walk back to your accommodation with your guide.
- Today we will cross the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifrane, which are both famous as winter ski resorts for Moroccans. Your driver might spot some Barbary apes on the way and seize the opportunity to take some pictures. We carry on our journey to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we drive to the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region. We will cross some rocky terrain all the way to Merzouga, where our camel caravan will be waiting for you. Enjoy a camel ride over Erg Chebbi dunes to watch an amazing sunset, before we return to our Sahara desert camp.
Enjoy dinner under the stars while entertained by our local nomads hosts playing their drums all night.
- After an early wake up to enjoy an amazing sunrise camel trek over the dunes of Erg Chebbi, we will reach the camp operator’s lodge in Merzouga for breakfast and shower ( If you choose to upgrade to the luxury camp, breakfast will be served at the camp, and showers are available at your tent); After breakfast, today’s journey will start by driving along the road of 1001 Kasbahs to Tinghir oasis.
You will be enjoying the amazing scenery along the way of the remaining of fortified villages that were hosting the caravan roads until early 2Oth century.
Upon arrival at Tinghir, which was a military post during the French occupation, we will deviate into a secondary road to the oasis. Feel free to walk next to the stream and watch the locals farming and herding their cattle. Your walk will end at one of the magnificent scenes of your tour: Todgha Gorges. You will continue driving towards the beautiful Dades valley where you will spend the night.
- After breakfast we will drive through the Valley of the Roses and the oasis of Skoura and visit one of the best-preserved Kasbahs in Morocco: Amridil. From here we continue to Ouarzazate Hollywood of Africa where you will visit the cinema studios; we continue our way to Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. After lunch in the Kasbah we will cross the High Atlas Mountains via Tizi Ntichka pass, Numerous stops will be made along the way before you arrive to Marrakech in the afternoon.